Discrimination- and harassment-free workplace
We are committed to creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive and respectful work environment and acknowledges that:
- Manitoba has a diverse population and workforce;
- we have a duty to act in a manner consistent with existing legislation regarding human rights and safe workplaces;
- every employee is entitled to work in an environment that promotes equal opportunities and prohibits harassment and discrimination.
We have policies and procedures in place that:
- prevent harassment and discrimination from occurring through increased awareness of acceptable standards of conduct;
- provide the knowledge and authority to demonstrate, encourage and enforce acceptable standards of conduct;
- offer resolution and complaint procedures to support the early identification and resolution of harassment and discrimination issues;
- provide all employees with a fair and consistent process for dealing with harassment and discrimination issues.
Employees have an obligation to adhere to the spirit and objectives of our Discrimination- and Harassment-free Workplace Policy. We employ a Human Rights and Respectful Workplace Advisor who assists employees in addressing issues of discrimination and harassment.