A Top 100 Employer
We have been named a Top 100 Employer for the 8th year in a row. Here are some of the reasons why we were selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2018:
- we encourage employees to give to the Manitoba Hydro Employee Fund Board that is used to help employees and retirees in need;
- we help prepare employees for life after work through retirement planning workshops and help them save for the future with contributions to a defined benefit pension plan;
- we encourage ongoing employee development through subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation and a wide range of in-house and online training programs; employees may also apply for an educational leave of absence after four years of employment;
- in addition to personal paid days off, new employees start accruing 3 weeks of paid vacation allowance, working toward a maximum of 7 weeks paid vacation. We may also consider an individual’s previous work experience when setting annual vacation entitlements for some positions;
- active since the 1950s, our social committee organizes numerous fun events every year and helps to manage a number of sports leagues, including a baseball, curling, and hockey;
- our centrally-located head office features roof top terraces, 6-storey glass atriums, and 24-metre waterfalls that moderates humidity;
- we support employees who are new mothers or adoptive parents with maternity and parental leave top-up payments (to 93% of salary for 17 weeks) and offer a variety of flexible work options for when they return to work.
Our application was scored in 8 areas of evaluation:
- A – Physical workplace;
- A+ – Work atmosphere & communications;
- A – Financial benefits & compensation;
- B+ – Health & family-friendly benefits;
- A – Vacation & personal time off;
- B – Employee engagement;
- A – Training & skills development;
- A – Community involvement;
This is the 17th year of the competition.
The winners of the competition were announced in The Globe and Mail.