Manitoba Hydro is a Crown Corporation and the province’s major energy utility. From our head office in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, we:
- serve 573,438 electric customers throughout Manitoba and 279,268 natural gas customers in various communities throughout southern Manitoba;
- are one of the lowest cost providers of electricity in Canada (PDF, 250 KB);
- export electricity to electric utilities through our participation in 3 wholesale markets in Canada and the mid-western United States;
- offer a wide range of energy services and programs to our customers, either directly or through our business interests;
- generate nearly all our electricity from self-renewing water power using 15 hydroelectric generating stations, primarily on the Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Burntwood and Nelson rivers;
- are the major distributor of natural gas in the province, delivering natural gas to 130 communities in the province;
- have capital assets-in-service at original cost exceeding $22.3 billion, making us one of the largest energy utilities in Canada.
The governance of the Corporation is through the Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board.
We will conduct Manitoba Hydro’s activities in a lawful, responsible and ethical manner, so that our reputation for honesty, integrity and the faithful performance of our obligations is maintained and enhanced.
We create value for Manitobans by meeting our customers’ expectations for the delivery of safe, reliable energy services at a fair price.
- restore financial sustainability;
- deliver an excellent customer experience;
- engage employees in our transformation;
- respect & support Indigenous peoples in all aspects of our business.
- environmental leadership;
- respectful engagement with communities and stakeholders;
- respect for each other.