Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission
The Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission Project will include a 115-kV transmission line to connect Pine Falls Station to the new Manigotagan Corner Station. We identified a need to enhance our transmission system east of Lake Winnipeg and the proposed project is one component required to improve reliable electricity to communities in the area.
On April 28, 2015, we received an Environment Act Licence from Manitoba Sustainable Development to begin construction of the project. Construction has started and this project is expected to be completed in early 2018.
An environmental protection plan was developed to prescribe mitigation measures to minimize impact on people and the environment as part of the environmental assessment.
- Public and Indigenous notification: July 2013 (completed);
- Public and Indigenous engagement round 1: July/August (completed);
- Preferred route determined: September 2012 (completed);
- Public and Indigenous engagement round 2: September 2012 (completed);
- Anticipated regulatory submission: January 2013 (completed);
- Construction: 2016 to 2018;
- In service date: 2018.
This schedule is subject to change.
All comment sheets, newsletters, and storyboards presented at open houses, and documents that have been filed with Manitoba Sustainable Development such as annual reports, environmental assessment, and the Environmental Protection Plan are available in the document library.
For more information about the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission Project:
- Email Licensing & Environmental Assessment.
- Phone Licensing & Environmental Assessment toll-free at 1-877-343-1631
Licensing and Environmental Assessment
820 Taylor Ave. (3)
Winnipeg MB R3M 3T1.