Poplar Bluff Transmission Project
The transmission line will travel from an existing line located southeast of Edwin, Manitoba (north of Long Plain First Nation) to the pea plant’s proposed location in the Popular Bluff Industrial Park, west of Portage la Prairie.
We received regulatory approval to construct the 230-kV transmission line connecting an existing transmission line located in the RM of Portage la Prairie to the future Roquette pea processing plant. Manitoba Sustainable Development issued an Environment Act Licence (Licence # 3230) on September 28, 2017. View the Manitoba Sustainable Development Public Registry.
- Public and Indigenous engagement: February to April 2017 (completed);
- Environmental assessment filed with regulators: June 2017 (completed);
- Regulatory decision: September 2017 (completed);
- Preliminary activities (e.g. soil testing, surveys): early 2018;
- Construction: fall/winter 2018/2019;
- In service: 2019.
This schedule is subject to change.
Project materials presented (including the project newsletter and map) are available in the document library.
For more information about the Poplar Bluff Transmission Project:
- Email Licensing & Environmental Assessment;
- Phone Licensing & Environmental Assessment toll-free at 1-877-343-1631;
Licensing and Environmental Assessment
820 Taylor Ave. (3)
Winnipeg MB R3M 3T1.